Subject: Re: Please answer me...
From: [email-masked] (paul davies)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 10:03:59 -0400

>I plan to use Lightwave basically as a modeller for VRML work. since polygon 
>counts are crucial in this kind of environment I was wondering if anyone new 
>of plug ins that reduce polygoncounts. If not were to get the specs to write 
>it myself.

I'm also interested in such a plug-in because I may soon be creating objects 
for realtime shaded polygon games. The problem is that I need high-res 
geometry for intro and transition screens and low-res approximations of the 
same geometry for the actual game. A poly reduction algorithm - which 
creates planar non-triangles - would make life easier.

Paul Davies  [email-masked]
Concept Artist-RPG/Action Games
Magnet Interactive Studios Inc.

--
[email-masked] (paul davies) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]